Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Tuesday!

Good morning Team,
Guilty! I let yesterday get away from me and got caught up in the Monday crunch of stuff I had to do. And I didn't get everything that I needed to get done accomplished...like my blog. Oh well...it's OK. There are more important things than the stuff we think is so important...

It was an emotionally draining week as we said, "good-bye" to Crystal Paris and did our best to comfort Thad and the children...and dealt with the tuff question of "Why?" Thank you, Pastor Dennis, for helping us with that on Sunday. Thank you, Owego Naz Worship Choir, for stepping up and helping our people to heal. Ethan Paris is continuing to recover and you can encourage him and the family by sharing a note at Caring Bridge... http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ethanparis

Saturday, (yes, this Saturday) is our Owego Naz Worship Team Appreciation Christmas Brunch. If you haven't signed up...call or email me by Wednesday, tomorrow! Meet in the mini-hall at 10am.

"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world" (Psalm 46:10 NLT)

Last week I talked about being real with God when we pray. Not the flashy, churchy, wordy stuff...the "it's me God...can we talk?" stuff. Another part of being real with God is one I have trouble with. I am a multi-tasker. You all know what that means. I don't like to do just one thing at a time and I like to get things done...NOW! That's a problem when it comes to talking with God. He's a jealous God and He wants all my attention when I talk with Him. That's tuff. I proved that at the openning of this blog. Guilty! Rick Warren says that when he prays, before he starts, he takes a deep breath and just lets the tension flow out of his body and then he can talk to God. Sounds like a plan. Next week we'll talk about "the quiet place."

Blessings,

Dave



No comments: