Friday, January 30, 2009

My Day Off...


Hi All,
Today is my day off so I thought I would do something that I don't like to do...talk politics. I have gotten quite cynical over the past couple of decades going back to 1992 when Bill Clinton was elected president. I got so tired of the partisanship on both sides of the aisle that I hardly want to read or listen or watch anything political. But today I read a Wall Street Journal article about the Obama Stimulus package and I couldn't keep silent. My hope when President Obama was elected was that he would be able to stand up to the Democratic leaders and say that the good of the country is more important than political gain or payback. Sadly, it didn't take long to destroy that hope. Ten days into the Obama presidency and I have already lost hope that "CHANGE" means anything other than who's gonna get fat on our tax dollars. Here's the article that did me in: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123310466514522309.html
Please comment and tell me I am wrong about all of this!
Dave


No comments: